Friday, January 2, 2009

What do you mean, I should start a blog?


There's no earthly reason for me to be doing this. No one in his right mind would have any reason to be interested in a word I have to say. Hell, I'm not even interested in what I have to say. Besides, this stuff is all too technical for me. I mean, settings, layout, dashboard--what does it all mean? And in fact, why should I care?

I should be spending my time writing, or earning a living, or spending quality meat-space time with friends and family. Even better, I should be spending time at the gin mill. But, no. People had to push me into this blog thing. Who were these "people" I hear you ask? Other people who blog, that's who.

What does the word "blog" even mean? Yeah, I know it's supposed to be short for "web log." But what the hell is a web log anyhow? I know what a log is. I know what a web is. I simply don't see any connection between the two.

Wait. Hey! I can post an image here.

Let me try.

Oh, look. The little Chihuahua picture went all the way to the beginning of this rant. Why can't I get it to go in the middle?

Will you look at that. I just asked a question, as if anybody will ever read it. And even if someone did, he wouldn't ever bother to answer it, now would he?

Well, I guess I'll go off and punch a few more buttons and hit a few more tabs and see what this thing is all about. If I ever figure it out, I might even post something else.

12 comments:

  1. They made me start one last year and I still don't know what all the buttons mean, but welcome to the monkey house and good luck.

    Chris J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only person in the universe left without a blog!?

    I don't know why it won't let you post your pic in the middle, but it looks good at the top anyway. :)

    Congrats on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Looky here. Two--count 'em--two comments already. Thanks, Chris and OFG.

    So, when does the money start rolling in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'll be damned, it's a real blog. Excellent. How do your tiny paws reach the keys??

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the size of the paws, Nancy. It's how you use them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check it out...Haggis has a blog! :D

    When you want to move the picture, just cut the code that shows up in the composing frame (where you're typing out the post) after you upload the picture. Then scroll down to where you want it to go - make sure your cursor is there! - and then paste it into place. The code should show up where you moved it, and you can preview the post to see if it worked.

    Welcome to the Dark Side, Haggis. Would you like a cookie? Or a Milkbone? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wOOt! Thanks, Jen. I'll give that a try.

    In lieu of a cookie or Milk Bone, I'll just steal the Blog Readability Test from your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *grin*

    Be my guest! Good luck with the coding thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haggis has a blog. Haggis has a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this going to take time away from selling single cigarettes to kids?

    I bookmarked this one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Haggis,

    I bookmarked this site about a week ago, and I'm only now just getting around to reading it. I like your blog, and I hope you continue with it.

    And I'm sure there are quite a few more people who are interested in what you have to say, than you anticipated. ;)

    Best wishes to you, Haggis.


    --Sean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ferret! Jbal! Sean! Thanks, guys.

    Does this mean that I have to write something, like, interesting next time? :(

    ReplyDelete